Professional Medical Products
Not available in the United States
The Exergen family of Professional TemporalScanner Thermometer Models.
Temporal Artery Thermometry (TAT) is a unique method of temperature assessment. It uses infrared technology to detect the heat naturally emitting from the skin surface. In addition, and of key importance, this method incorporates a patented arterial heat balance system to automatically account for the effects of ambient temperature on the skin.
This method of temperature assessment has been shown to improve results and reduce costs by non-invasively measuring body temperature with a degree of clinical accuracy unachievable with any other thermometry methods. The temporal scanner is a type BF device
The Exergen family of Professional TemporalScanner Thermometer Models are a handheld infrared thermometer used by medical professionals for the intermittent measurement of human body temperature of people of all ages, by scanning the forehead skin over the temporal artery. Intended users are physicians, nurses, and nursing assistants at all levels who normally provide patient care.
The Professional Temporal Thermometer Models provide a peak temperature reading from plural readings during the step of scanning. Electronic circuitry processes the measured peak temperature to provide a temperature display based on a model of heat balance relative to a detected arterial temperature, the electronic circuitry computing an internal temperature of the body as a function of ambient temperature (TA) and sensed surface temperature.
- Improve Patient Outcomes – Exergen has MORE THAN 100 PUBLISHED STUDIES SUPPORTING ACCURACY FROM PREEMIES TO GERIATRICS IN ALL AREAS OF CARE. Unlike other thermometers, the Exergen TemporalScanner does not come into contact with mucous membranes, thus greatly reducing the risk of cross contamination. Additionally, full instrument sheaths, protecting the entire thermometer, can be utilized for all levels of cross-contamination protection. It is the Best Temporal Thermometer.
- Improve Patient Safety – Exergen has no probe covers that can break, as often occurs with oral thermometers. With a lifetime warranty, your Temporal Thermometer can be replaced whenever necessary at no charge. Exergen has less environmental issues than other thermometer methods, increasing reliability of readings.
- Reduce Costs – Exergen doesn’t require expensive probe covers, and with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, COST SAVINGS OF UP TO 90% OVER OTHER THERMOMETRY METHODS can be achieved. Other thermometers can cost hundreds of dollars per year for probe covers and repairs. Exergen TA thermometers cost $0 per year.
- Increase Efficiencies – Exergen’s non-invasive temperature collection can be utilized on virtually any patient situation, therefore ONE THERMOMETER CAN BE UTILIZED THROUGHOUT THE FACILITY. Exergen upgraded the thermometer casing to reduce or eliminate stress micro cracks that can allow harsh chemical cleaners to penetrate the material and cause fractures.
- Attractive Payback – Elimination of probe covers and repair costs, and easily affordable acquisition costs results in LESS THAN ONE YEAR PAYBACK for standardizing with Exergen TA thermometers.
Over 100 Peer-Reviewed Published Papers, Abstracts, Letters on Temporal Artery Thermometry.
Learn about our Temporal Thermometers, the technology behind them, and what makes them so effective.
Professional Medical Product Support
Need to return an Exergen Professional Medical Product, click below or call 617-923-9900, Option #3.